Thursday, September 9, 2010

Final Personas

I finally have all my interviews, so I got around to making my personas: a 10 year-old boy, an average Game Art Student and a Teacher at the HKU.


Persona 1:



Name: Jamie Koning

Age: 10





Family: Mom, dad, 2 brothers (12 and 20) and 2 cats

Favorite Colours: Black, blue, red

Favorite Games: Call of Duty, Habbo Hotel, Skull-Kid

Most frequently browsed websites: Mondo mini shows, Habbo hotel, Speeleiland

Likes: Lego, playing video games, watching violent cartoons online, laser-gaming, skateboarding.

Dislikes: Homework, vegetables, Justin Bieber

Personal Quote: Live long as prosper

Interesting notes:


- Often plays games at school when he should be working.

- Likes to meet friends online so he can beat them at games.

- His favorite movie is Alien VS Predator.

- Oldest brother studies Game Design.

- Usually hangs out with lots of boys at school.


One reason for wanting to design for kids is that at my old school there was a big group of kids who really liked my work. They knew the names of all my characters and used to ask me pretty much every day if I'd drawn anything new. I have some really detailed characters I developed as a result of these kid's interest. I still remember them argueing over little details about the characters: 'No! Doctor Guy's real name is Rudolf Gaylord, not Rudy!' And other things like that. I know they'll want to see my portfolio when its online and keep abreast of what I'm up to.


Persona 2:

Name: Jan van Wijk

Age: 19

Studies: Videogame Art, first year






Family: Mom, Dad, little sister (13) older brother (22) and a rabbit.

Favorite Colours: Black, purple, silver

Favorite Games: Starcraft II, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts

Most frequently browsed websites: DeviantART, Kotaku.com, Conceptart.org

Likes: Ren & Stimpy, drawing, listening to music, gaming, watching movies

Dislikes: Lady Gaga, drawing backgrounds, Facebook

Personal Quote: IT’S OVER 9000!!!

Interesting notes:

- Has dyslexia

- Drinks too much caffeine

- Likes to cosplay and is very fanatical in his interests.

- Has never taken up a sport. (Not including mandatory PE classes in high school.)

- Is very silly, but can be very serious and ambitious when it comes to doing schoolwork.


This persona was probably the easiest, because its basically just me and my friends mixed together. Not really a lot of thought needed in order for this to be convincing.


Persona 3:

Name: Yolanda Bitters

Age: 43

Occupation: Teacher at the HKU






Family: None

Favorite Colours: Grey

Favorite Games: Isn’t a gamer

Most frequently browsed websites: Hotmail, Google

Likes: Correct grammar and spelling

Dislikes: Late assignments, Students who don’t read their instructions properly, hip-hop

Personal Quote: Do, or do not. There is no 'try.' -Jedi Master Yoda

Interesting notes:

- Will automatically give a student a fail if they use Comic-Sans font in an assignment.

- Wants student’s work to be very clear and concise with no unnecessary text to pad it.

- Believes giving a student a short deadline will force them to work harder.

- Is very critical of student’s work: Yolanda believes that then students will try even harder to do better next time.

- Favorite animal is the spider


Ok, I'd like to make it VERY clear that my teachers are not like this! In fact, this persona is the opposite of the teachers I interviewed. Literally all the teachers at the HKU are hip, funny, chirpy, cool, lovely people with families and interesting careers. For motivation, however, its better to pretend that my teachers are jerks. This way I'll be forced into trying to please people who are never satisfied. One similarity between my persona and my teachers is that they are both difficult to please and pretty critical. My persona acts this way because she is a jerk, while my teachers do it because they want us to do well. I know they know what they're talking about, they know they know what they're talking about, so I'm making it clear I know they know they know what they're talking about.

...

Maybe this is a bit demented, but it works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment