Thursday, September 9, 2010

Portfolio 2 Project: Wireframes

Time to work out the layout of my new portfolio.

I decided to re-use the basic look of my old site, since I was so pleased with the way my site ended up looking and from feedback. The layout of the pages, however, required some work.

The side-bar curtains proved a bit too complicated for me, so I explored other ideas which didn't include this feature.


Sketches.


I liked the navigation bar at the bottom, but this design would be a little too busy in some places and not busy enough in others. I began to explore ways of spreading out the information. I kept coming back to the idea of sidebars and decided that I will have to use them. I'd simply have to put aside some time into working out how to programme them.

Getting there...


Bingo! This was it. (Notice I worked out roughly how many pixels would be needed.)


Here are the final layouts to give you a visual idea what my site will look like.



No comments:

Post a Comment