Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Assignment: Portfolio Project (part 2)

1 September 2010

The next day, I was finally able to really start work on the html. I went to school early to scan and fix up my traditional work in Photoshop so it would be ready to use.


After art class, I went to the computer lab and polished my site. I didn’t do too much work, because I wanted to be back home for my little brother’s 10th birthday. After some cake, I continued to touch up my site and write a lot of the text into the wee-hours of the morning. (I’m so screwed tomorrow morning, but I need to be done tonight. Its 3:45 AM as I write this. Ach.)

Here’s a screenshot of my final results. It isn’t quite what I originally set out to do, but I’m pretty pleased with the results. I realized that this assignment will be assessed on the site’s ease of navigation and our us demonstrating the html coding we learned in class. Due to time constraints, I was unable to include everything I wanted, such as different font and a propper white box around the text. I focused more on its look, which may have been a bad idea since my teachers don’t expect anything extraordinary from a bunch of newbie programmers. I also should have invested time in exploring several ideas, rather than putting all my eggs into one basket and running with my first idea. I need to learn to stick to a quota, explore lots of ideas and make the most of limitations. This is a common problem when I start a project and I seriously need to work on this. I nevertheless hope my teachers are at least satisfied enough with my results to give me a passing grade. (If your a teacher reading this now, I'll try harder in future, I promise!)





I’m tired…

No comments:

Post a Comment